AIHA recently conducted a survey to assess the attitudes pertaining to the profession of the membership base. Highlights include the following:
- Most respondents expected to see an increase in work related stress.
- Many respondents expected to see work hours increase
- A majority of respondents support/would support fines & penalties and as a result expect it to be more difficult to report problems as they arise
- 50% have 25+ years of experience.
- Respondents are seeking professional development and certification in multiple formats, including online programs and distance learning
Further information will be provided in OHShub.com’s 2010 Occupational Health & Safety Salary Survey. Stay tuned for the results.