Skip to content
- Over the past decade non-serious workplace injuries have decreased, but fatalities have decreased at a much slower rate.
- The present study findings call into question decades-long-held assumptions in the safety community.
- Research results show that contributing factors are different between less-serious events and SIF events.
- Precursors to SIFs exist in most organizations and can be identified and measured.
- New paradigms are required to influence step changes in improving serious injury and fatality (SIF).